• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will my giga mobo do this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idioteQnology

i have an 8pe667 ultra which supports HT

now in bios you can adjust up to a 355mhz FSB which would easily accomodate the new p4 w. 800mhz fsb (200mhz quad pumped)

so if i get pc 3200 or up ram and one of the new chips will it work?

Probably not because it would need a more stable power circut to work with FSB that high. A board with a DPS might beable to run the 800mhz chips but i highly doubt the PE667 will beable too. But only time will tell.
The officialy boards which will support 800mhz are the canterwood and springdale. and if you go this thread here, you can see a preview of the gigabyte canterwood and springdale mobos.

raven

hmmm
some people with this mobo are OC'ing their P4 chips to over that FSB......is that of any importance?

idioteQnology said:
hmmm
some people with this mobo are OC'ing their P4 chips to over that FSB......is that of any importance?

I dont think anyone has reached these speeds before... a Canterwood ship set was overclocked to around 250mhz FSB, and they rnt even out to the public yet. What you must be thinking of is the Quad Pumped FSB that the intel P4's have. Your 2.4 is either a 400 mhz or 533 mhz cpu. These numbers are taken by multiplying the original fsb by 4. so 100fsb * 4 = 400 and 133fsb * 4 = 533

hope that clears some stuff up

raven

Back