• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please list your BH7 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rugged

Registered
Had the board now for a week and looking for people to trade info with on overclocking it and bios tweaks.

Currently have my 2.53 SL6EG @ 3.21mhz, 1.78 v.core, 168 fsb

Two sticks Corsair CMX512-3500C2 @ 420mhz V.2.85, 4:5.
This is all I can seem to get out of the memory.....Anyone have any advice?

Go into bios and set the "DRAM Ratio h/w strap" to low. This will allow you to select 3:4 option in the cpu:dram ratio. If your ram can take it (and the Corsair should have no probs, although you might need to relax the timings) you can run your ram at a faster rate while running the cpu at the same fsb.

For example, at 168fsb 4:5 ratio=210 (420ddr).
With a 3:4 divider enabled 168fsb 3:4 ratio=224 (448 ddr).

If your hw strap is set to auto or high, the only options you will see are 4:5 or 1:1 (assuming you're using a 133mhz instead of a 100mhz fsb cpu).

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
heym8

- what is the MAX FSB this board cna do as i am lookinf to buy one myself, but the boardis only $150 here, where as the IT7-MAX2 V2.0 is $250 - so wondering why this new boards is so much cheaper then the IT7-MAX2 V2.0 - i read the specs and could not see a huge diff. between the 2 board....

Well I don't know what the max is that it can actually do since I'm running an "a" 100mhz cpu, but it goes up to 250mhz in bios.

There are a couple of reviews out that indicate that it's capable of some pretty high speeds. For instance at Hexus they ran it at a stable 215mhz fsb.

Regarding why it's cheaper, there's no firewire, raid, or any additional hardware or software with the board. The mobo, a driver cd, a manual, and a couple of cables are all that's in the box. For an oc'ing board, though this seems to make good sense imo. If I want to add any of these options later via pci I always can, but without them on-board there's less expense and less chance os something preventing a high overclock.

I'm pretty happy with mine, although I only purchased it because the IT7 Max2 rev2 was out of stock. If I had the chance to make the purchase over again, I'd still go with the BH7. It's cheaper, overclocks great, supports ht and 200mhz fsb, and will be a perfect hold-over until after a few of the CW/SD's make it to market and people have had time to determine which one is the best value.

Back