• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair PC3200 and Abit IT7-MAX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zaynee

I got a weird problem, I just recieved my Corsair memory from googlegear yesterday, and for some odd reason I can't seem to overclock it at all..

it will only let me use the 3:4 divider in slot 3, where as before with my Samsung memory it was best in slot 1 or 2. But the weird thing is that I can't overclock it at all, anything above 133 FSB and it crashes, no matter what voltage I give to the cpu or memory. If I stick it into slot 1 or 2 and try to use 3:4 it won't boot no matter what.

On slot 1 and 2 I can't overclock anything past 153 without problems. In slot 3 I can go up to 156 but I have to move the voltage up quite a bit to 1.65 to be stable.

With my older Samsung memory I could go up to at least 147 with 3:4 but with this Corsair memory I can't seem to go anywhere.

I can't tell wheather it's the motherboard, which has been giving me problems, like giving wrong temps, not always stable no matter how much voltage, even with two different cpus or some memory issues like not being able to reconize 333 speed instead of 266 and I can't use the 4:3. Or the Corsair memory. I've been thinking of trying the BH7 board or just going to the newer IT7-MAX2 v2 board. The Raid isn't important, nor the Firewire yet. And I don't think I'll be going with Serial anytime soon so I don't know which one to go for..

Any suggestions?

Back