• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a Tualatin work in a CUV4X-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tebore

Will a Tualatin Celeron or P3 work in this motherboard I've done searches at Asus's site, on the net and even the forums. And I can't get a straight answer to if this board can support a Tualatin. If you know the answer thanks alot.

I dont think that has the EP flavor of the 815 chipset in it, so
it would not run Tualatins, at least unmodified.

I think a couple have made it work by modifying/cutting pins on
the CPU... but not sure.

The Problem is Asus removed all information on their site for the board and i can't get a straight answer. All the info I got is outdated. The only thing my Manual says is Support for P3 Coppermine 133FSB, Coppermine 100mhz and the Celeron 66mhz.

EDIT:Forgot to add it is running a VIA Chipset. Apollo Pro KT133a.

Last edited:
Tebore said:
Please, Is there anyone out there with this board that got a Tualatin to work in it without mods?

NO.

It won't run a Tualatin without modification. Either pins or by using one of those Powerleap adaptors.

Trust us. That chipset does not natively support PIII Tualatins or Cleron Tualatins. You can take that to the bank.

http://www.asus.it/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

gives that only coppermines are supported.

If one doesn't like to make the mods oneself, one can just buy the 370GU adapter from www.upgradeware.com

It is very compatible:

http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/370gu/compatibility.htm

I have good experiences with 370GU. I have used 2 of them. Following it is also a small cooler with a longer bracket so that the thickness of the adapter can be tolerated. This has ceramic bearings and spinns quite fast. I have used a zalman fanmate to slow it down to some 3500 rpm.

best regards

John

Back