• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I do???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spannerman

Registered
Hi Guys, Looking for some guidance and help from on making the decision of choosing from the following :- 1. Asus P4Pe{ basic model} 2. Epox 4G4a+ 3. Abit BH7{ will it support the 800FSB CPU's coming out???? 4.Any other recommended boards for overclocking/STABILITY/features?????I have a 2.4B sl6ef and 512 pc2700 kingston ram{upgrading to corsair soon} and a Saphire Radeon 9700 pro....I want good 3d mark 2001 scores 14,000+....What is a good P4 hsf combo too????I heard the BH7 has better voltage regulation and 250 fsb adjustment but is a bit down on bandwidth compared to a P4PE/EPox board???? I will appreciate on any feedback???Or should i just go Dual channel or rambus ??? Probably upgrade again within 12 months anyway???? Thanks for your help .....Thinking of all our Armed Services at war in Iraq...Cya Spanner out....

Abit BH7 is looking really good. The Abit webpage says it'll support the 800 bus CPUs. You won't be disappointed, Abit rocks. Reliable, stable, and packed with overclocking features.

But it's only got 4X AGP. In the future what will happen without AGP 8X I know it is a fluff and maketing right now but there will be time when AGP 8X will really start to kick butt. Will ABIT provide a BIOS Update which will change the AGP 4X to AGP 8X.

that new gigabyte 655 board sounds good too. clocks pretty high will run dual channel mode, the cheap version is only a little over $100.

overclocker23 said:
But it's only got 4X AGP. In the future what will happen without AGP 8X I know it is a fluff and maketing right now but there will be time when AGP 8X will really start to kick butt. Will ABIT provide a BIOS Update which will change the AGP 4X to AGP 8X.

I don't think a BIOS update will do that change. By the time 8x AGP is fully implemented, I think you will be in the market for a new mobo anyway.

Back