• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

www.excaliberpc.com is awesome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briman1000

Ordered abit nf7s 1.2 and bios kit with 2100 week 0302(which does 2.4 easy by the way at 1.75) and a liteon 52x cdrw
I ordered at around 3pm cali time and it still went out that night.

Not to mention the fact that 3 hours after I ordered the guy called to tell me that they were out of the cheaper processor week I had asked for and offered to switch it for a better one at the same cost.
no prob because it still went out same day was packed well and priced pretty great.

newegg was slightly cheaper but it is worth it to me to be guaranteed the right mobo revision and cpu week and stepping.

just my .02

Had never bought from them before but now they have made my short list of places that rule.

shipping's a ***** tho.... $4 ground vs newegg free 3day.... so if you get 3day shippin at excal it ends up costin a bunch more compared to newegg.

i will admit tho the choosin your own stepping is great!

briman1000

briman100www.excaliberpc.com is awesome
Ordered abit nf7s 1.2 and bios kit with 2100 week 0302(which does 2.4 easy by the way at 1.75) and a liteon 52x cdrw

Ordered abit nf7s 1.2 and bios kit with 2100 week 0302(which does 2.4 easy by the way at 1.75

the cpu did what it promises but the mobo did NOT

this is what i had ordered from them 2 weeks ago...but it's on it's way back RMA

bios corruptions
bootup problems
sata hd corruptions
brackling mic

I hope you have better luck..

keep me posted:)

Briman, post again after you check out your shipment, I'd like to know if everything worked out. I'm having problems with an order from them, but do not want to elaborate until after I try to work out the problems.

Thanks.

steve

Everything has been perfect. The board rocks. I bought the bios kit they sell for $10 just as insurance so I dont have to go through rma for something I could fix at home in 20 min.
I seriously have not had one problem. I am not impressed with the mounting holes on the board though they seem not to be part of the original plan. If I can help with any of your questions about setup of the board I will as I did quite abit of research.

i have to order from them next week as they have a few thing i want and can only get there.
the bios package and a cpu.
anyhow i almost always buy localy or newegg i dont trust many places as i use MO and not a CC.
id trust this place fairly well i guess.
btw some nf7's are known to be just plain problem children.mine is pure gold but ive seen some not so good reviews latly on them.

Hey briman, I heard that connecting the hard drives using the SATA with a converter is faster than using IDE (NF7-7 1.2). Anyways my main question is this, I am going to use the software raid in windows XP and 2 hard drives (hardware raid for NF7-S corrupts data from what I hear). Now would you recommend daisy chaining the hard drives or seperating them? Also this is m¥_first time putting a computer together from scratch and wanted to know what is the optimal config. for:

NF7-S 1.2
2100+
2x WD 40GB 400JB
CDRW
Cd-rom
floppy drive

I also heard that you should disable this one config for faster perfomance. It has something to do with windows and IRQ's. Is there a method of disabling this before you install windows because if you install windows and then disable you have to reinstall windows. If you have any suggestions on this board or anything you learned I am all ears.

I have never tried software raid. However I do think that each drive having its own cable and being a master is good if I remember correctly. My last board was a shuttle and it had highpoint raid which I used for a while. I used 2 seperated cable and raid 0 the drives and it worked great. I am not using the SATA on this board because I really don't have the time to mess with it and was not planning on raiding again.
I would post this in the storage forum for the most and best answers!

I don't get it. Everyone says the NF7 is the best, but almost every review on that thing is negative- all of the problems there are mentioned here. I was about to buy this board, but I guess it's gonna have to wait.

Reputable recent reviews?
I have yet to have a single problem with mine. I am not using the SATA which i think is bogus on all the boards. I think the 1.6 bios fixed alot of stuff.

its pricey because you get exactly what you want. You pay a couple extra dollars to eliminate the guesswork. Worth it to me because my chip cost an extra $7 and overclocks like mad.

I have had great experiences with them so far. I ordered my XP1700+ JIUHB (0307) from them a few months back, and just yesterday I ordered an Abit NF7-S 2.0 and some Arctive Silver Ceramique. Of course, stupid me clicked on the wrong shipping so it won't be here till next Wednesday :bang head. I was wondering why the shipping was only $9.00 :(

Yeah they are good. They actually went totally out of their way to send a product to my P.O. Box (which I think they normally don't do) and their service was excellent. They even called me and talked a little while on the phone about my order. I would recommend them even if they are a couple more dollars. I would say their service is comparable if not equal to neweggs.

They have a 9.8 resellerrating.
Thats really good with over 60 posts.
And they sell and ship to Canada.
I just found me my superstore.:cool:

Back