PDA

View Full Version : I finally caved in.

Richard
08-03-01, 04:47 AM
It's time to move into the DDR age.

Yep, I decided that after a lot of searching around I had to go the Epox 8k7a+ route. For the money, it just seems like the pretty obvious choice.

I did opt for the extravagence of Corsair PC2400 DDR. I know, it's probably a waste, but I figured at these prices I'd be silly not to eliminate the worry of getting some ho-hum DDR.

Now, I'm giddy with anticipation. (always happens when I drop some cash on an upgrade.) <rubbing hands together>

Wega!
08-03-01, 04:29 PM
I hear ya! I'm just sitting here waiting for the last $$$ to hit my wallet, and then I'll order the Epox 8k7a, a T-bird 1.2 and some 2400 DDR RAM! I can't wait! The Epox make's one of my biggest dreams come true: To get over 1.95V WITHOUT soldering! *Jumping in joy* That is really a great thing, I hope other manufactures will start doing the same. Now I just need the last buck's, I should be able to order in a week or two! :) :) :) :-)
See Ya!

Richard
08-03-01, 05:34 PM
That's actually going to work out perfectly for you then. I ordered mine from Tigerdirect.com and I just got off the phone this morning with a sales rep. According to him, nobody's getting any EP-8k7a's until the 10th.

Jon
08-03-01, 07:23 PM
According to the vendor I bought mine at last weekend, EPoX told him that once he received the shipment he sold the one I bought from him was gone, they would be backordered until early next month.

Hopefully TigerDirect was on that last shipment order before they're all gone til next month...

Richard
08-03-01, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking if any reseller gets any mobos in it should be Tigerdirect. Since they appear to be the preferred distributor.

Jon (Aug 03, 2001 07:23 p.m.):
According to the vendor I bought mine at last weekend, EPoX told him that once he received the shipment he sold the one I bought from him was gone, they would be backordered until early next month.

Hopefully TigerDirect was on that last shipment order before they're all gone til next month...

TRANCER24
08-03-01, 11:18 PM
i must have gotten mine at the right time cause i wouldn't be able to wait that long i got mine from Newegg.com 6 days ago Woooo Hoooo i just did the bios flash 166 to a Whopping 250 FSB adjustment increase YEAH this board rocks..