• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I finally caved in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richard

It's time to move into the DDR age.

Yep, I decided that after a lot of searching around I had to go the Epox 8k7a+ route. For the money, it just seems like the pretty obvious choice.

I did opt for the extravagence of Corsair PC2400 DDR. I know, it's probably a waste, but I figured at these prices I'd be silly not to eliminate the worry of getting some ho-hum DDR.

Now, I'm giddy with anticipation. (always happens when I drop some cash on an upgrade.) <rubbing hands together>

I hear ya! I'm just sitting here waiting for the last $$$ to hit my wallet, and then I'll order the Epox 8k7a, a T-bird 1.2 and some 2400 DDR RAM! I can't wait! The Epox make's one of my biggest dreams come true: To get over 1.95V WITHOUT soldering! *Jumping in joy* That is really a great thing, I hope other manufactures will start doing the same. Now I just need the last buck's, I should be able to order in a week or two! :) :) :) :)
See Ya!

That's actually going to work out perfectly for you then. I ordered mine from Tigerdirect.com and I just got off the phone this morning with a sales rep. According to him, nobody's getting any EP-8k7a's until the 10th.

According to the vendor I bought mine at last weekend, EPoX told him that once he received the shipment he sold the one I bought from him was gone, they would be backordered until early next month.

Hopefully TigerDirect was on that last shipment order before they're all gone til next month...

I'm thinking if any reseller gets any mobos in it should be Tigerdirect. Since they appear to be the preferred distributor.

Jon (Aug 03, 2001 07:23 p.m.):
According to the vendor I bought mine at last weekend, EPoX told him that once he received the shipment he sold the one I bought from him was gone, they would be backordered until early next month.

Hopefully TigerDirect was on that last shipment order before they're all gone til next month...

i must have gotten mine at the right time cause i wouldn't be able to wait that long i got mine from Newegg.com 6 days ago Woooo Hoooo i just did the bios flash 166 to a Whopping 250 FSB adjustment increase YEAH this board rocks..

Back