• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4:5 Divider in original it7 bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mykro

Hi,

I Got 2 questions!

I'm just wondering if anyone has made or downloaded original it7 bios with the 4:5 divider? If I used IT7-Max2.Version.2.0 Bios on my original it7 board would they work?

Thanks!

mykro said:
Hi,

I Got 2 questions!

I'm just wondering if anyone has made or downloaded original it7 bios with the 4:5 divider? If I used IT7-Max2.Version.2.0 Bios on my original it7 board would they work?

Thanks!

From my understanding, the 4/5 isn't capable on the IT7 because of the chipset. Sorry:(

I have an IT7-Max2-Rev2. I received it two weeks ago and it has the latest bios. It certainly does have a 4:5 memory ratio. My FSB is at 167 MHz and the bios reports my memory at 209 MHz. I had to raise the voltage on y Kingston HyperX PC2700 to 2.8 volts but it is 100% reliable.

RhoXS said:
I have an IT7-Max2-Rev2. I received it two weeks ago and it has the latest bios. It certainly does have a 4:5 memory ratio. My FSB is at 167 MHz and the bios reports my memory at 209 MHz. I had to raise the voltage on y Kingston HyperX PC2700 to 2.8 volts but it is 100% reliable.

The question posted is, will the 4/5 ratio work on the IT7 original board. The answer is no. Only the IT7Max 2 Version 2 with the PE chipset has the 4/5 ratio.

Back