• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good gigabye motherboards....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclocker23

Disabled
Hello

From reading other posts and messages I have concluded that Gigabyte motherboards prove to be very good and stable in overclocking. I want a gigabyte motherboard that is good in overclocking ofcourse and since intel is releasing their prescott core in sept. or something like that I also want a motherboard that supports 800Mhz FSB. I have seen couple of them but couldn't find any good ones.

The motherboard's got to be under $129.99

Try to see if you can find something for me with the following features:

Good Overclocking stability
DDR 400Mhz
AGP 8X for future
FSB of 800Mhz FSB
etc.

My suggestion is check Pricewatch.com. They tend to have some of the cheapest prices for Computer Electronics aside from the short term sales you may find if your lucky. I have seen the board you are looking at for $112 shipped.

uhz... mobo's which support 800mhz aren't out yet... but they will be when the 800mhz cpu's come out in May i think.. uhz... a gigabyte which MIGHT support the 800mhz would probably be the GA-8PE800, hence the 800 in its name... but that is just speculation. Also, only the canterwood/springdale chipsets will officially support DDR 400 ram, but you can still use DDR 400 in any other DDR mobo, just that it will be clocked lower.. 8x AGP should be on every new mobo nowone form gigabyte.... and gigabyte is ALWAYS stable =)

for 129, i think you can get yourself a cheap PE800 or a decent PE667

raven

EDIT: i was wrong, the GA-8SQ800 has DDR 400 and support for 800mhz cpu's according to this web page But its no where near 129$ =)

Last edited:
Any other suggestions guys. Okay from above 2 posts I have decided that I am not going to go with the latest 800Mhz FSB mobo from gigabyte. i don't know how people say that SIS is bad for overclocking. Right now I have a P4 1.7GHZ Willy @ 2.26GHZ without any troubles. My mobo is not name brand and you can't overclock after 133FSB so that is why I wanted a better name brand motherboard. On the mobo that I am using right now has SIS 645DX/963 Chipsets and I am getting very nice overclocks with a willy. Imagine what would the overclocks be if I get a Gigayte.

Please give me some more model numbers:
Here's what I want:

Price under $129.99
DDR 400 Support
AGP 8X
Dual Channel if possible but not the only thing to look for.

What do you guys think about SOYO
Check this motherboard out and let me know if this motherboard will be a good choice.

http://soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=187

what do you guys think about abit BH7?
The only reason I was asking for 800FSB mobo because if I think about upgrading my CPU to prescott then I wouldn't have to go out and buy a new mobo.

Is SIS 655 Chipset good for overclocking. I heard that come people are running this board at 185FSB.

overclocker23 said:
what do you guys think about abit BH7?
The only reason I was asking for 800FSB mobo because if I think about upgrading my CPU to prescott then I wouldn't have to go out and buy a new mobo.

Sorry, but i dont knwo much about the BH7, since it is a new board, but i have heard it will be another outstanding motherboard from Abit!!!

yes, some ppl are getting the 185+ on the 'new' SIS chipset, but just take a look at SIS's older history , and ask almost anyone, and they will say to avoid SIS if you can..

raven

Yes, I totally agree with you. I dunno much about the history about SIS but I won't be hitting higher than 165 FSB. Let me know how does GA-8SQ800 this sound considering the fact that I won't be going higher than 165 SIS. People have told me that SIS has improving alot.

Forget Gigabyte and especially forget the SIS chipsets. Sounds like the Abit BH7 is exactly what you're looking for. It rocks and uses the well proven i845PE chipset.

But if I buy a motherboard and in a month or two the prescott core arrives won't I have to change my motherboard again. That would be a waste of money. Let me know.

And I was looking at the prices of SINXP1394 This board is too expensive for a 15year old. :)

Go to gigabyte's website and you will see that the mobo really will support the latest and greatest Prescott.

Does it really matter in a motherboard if it supports ATA100 or ATA133. Are there any PCI cards out there that will give me the functionality of ATA133 for future.

Back