• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think about this gigabyte motherboard.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This board caught my eye as well. I was told by a couple people that "SiS" chipset doesn't seem to be as O/C friendly as the GB(E7205). This is just what i'm told mind you. I don't have any experience with these chipsets myself. Keep us posted as to what you decide. oh and .....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

I had this nice post all typed out, and all of the power just cuts out for a split second, and my pc reboots.... this is one time where i wish id had bought myself an APS backup system.... well anyways... back to the thread topic

SIS has a horrible rep for overclocking. But has shown some promise with the GA-8SQ800. Like gruvin2 over here, I dont have any experience with any of these chipsets either, but one general rule ive learnt from reading about these boards from this forum is that if you want to overclock, then you should stay away from SIS!. BUT there are always the luckey few who get nice overclocks, just like our friends mr penguinpoo over here. This board is loaded with TONS of features so you cant go wrong there. and it should also be Rock stable, but overclocking it is a toss up. Just read some posts here in the forum's and see what others have to say about their GA-8SQ800's!

raven

Thanks for the welcome note.
Any other gigabyte model numbers or soyo or asus or abit or epox etc.....

Back