• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4G8X tweaked BIOS lower overclocking???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
have any of you guys using the tweaked BIOS (1004.013 from x86-secret) but having a lower overclocking core speed???

i'm using 2 stick of 512MB Corsair PC3200LL (low latency) memory. it's rated at 200MHz @ 2-2-2-6-1T. so, memory shouldn't be a problem at all.

however, on my 2.4b, i could "only" get 3.1 with tweak enable. but i could get 3.2GHz if i turn it off (disable virus protect in BIOS)..........

no matter how much core v. i apply, 'cos when enable, up to 1.7v actually voltage, still can't start window @ 3.2GHz (locks up when the screen shows the tweak is enable after detecting the RAID drive), but when i disable it, i could run 3.2GHz at 1.65v actual voltage. memory voltage is set to 2.7v.

have you guys tried to turn it off and see if you can o/c higher?? :rolleyes:

I had that BIOS on my board and was only able to hit 190 fsb. I flashed to the original 1003 and I'm able to run at 198 fsb.

and what kinda memory are you using? can it be run at that high FSB @ 2-2-2-5??

guess, i'll have to wait for the 1004 from Asus and see if they fix the memory timing problem & the lower clocking/stability problem.

hopfully, the 1004 WILL let us really manually set the memroy timing. 'cos right now, it's either 2.5-3-3-6 or 2-2-2-5, no 2-2-2-6 that my Corsair PC3200LL is rated.

I have Samsung PC3200. It'll only run at 2.5 3 3 7 at that high of a fsb. I'm gonna try the vmem mod to see if more voltage will enable me to run more aggressive timings. I have a 256 stick of Corsair xms PC3500 in my kids computer. I'm thinking about buying another stick of Corsair PC3500 and trying that.

I had NO problems AND the EXCACT same Overclockability with 1003 ASUS , 1004twk.013 ASUS beta tweaked and 1004.014 ASUS new beta with the new RAID SATA bios........Now try to run your Ram with DISABLED memory turbo which means T1(Enable) and T2(disabled).....Two sticks of Corsair HAS to be at T2 unless you have to feed them with more Vmem......AND put Cicle Time(Tras) to "6" instead of "5"......That will do the job...... ;) :D

LandShark said:

same here!! MBM5 reports 10C hotter than BIOS.

mine reports suspiciously low temperatures; 33c idle and 44c under full load with a p4 [email protected]. in my previous board i had 37c idle and 52c under full load at 3ghz..

hipro5 said:
I had NO problems AND the EXCACT same Overclockability with 1003 ASUS , 1004twk.013 ASUS beta tweaked and 1004.014 ASUS new beta with the new RAID SATA bios........Now try to run your Ram with DISABLED memory turbo which means T1(Enable) and T2(disabled).....Two sticks of Corsair HAS to be at T2 unless you have to feed them with more Vmem......AND put Cicle Time(Tras) to "6" instead of "5"......That will do the job...... ;) :D

What is this T1 and T2 you are referring to?

Well I just got my Twinmos PC3700 rams. I am hoping that they will overclock well.

LandShark

You should not have any problems setting your timings to
2-2-2-6 1T(Turbo=enabled)

I have the same ram chips as you and running 185fsb with
those settings.

Do use wpcredit/wpcrset to change the timings in windows.
Any fsb above 140 will default to 2.5-3-3-7 no matter what you
set them to in the Bios. The Tweaked Bios does fix this but it
also limited my overclock.

Edit: Ooops - I lied - I have 2X256 TwinX not 2X512 as you
but should still do the same. Maybe little less.

sorry never mind....i didn't know 1004g and 1004twk are two different BIOS....I used 1004g, now after I flashed 1004twk, timing is fixed :)

Last edited:
Back