• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matsonic Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overclocker23

Disabled
Hey,

I just built my first PC with a matsonic motherboard.

SIS 645DX/963 Chipset
DDR 333 Upto 3GB
Heat Sinks on Both north and south bridges
4 32Bit PCI Slots
1 CNR Slot
AGP 4X
Ami Bios

I have a 1.7GHZ willy and the mobo supports 400/533 Mhz FSB. Here goes,,,my friend's got the same CPU and mobo. In the BIOS it gives you the option to change the FSB from 400Mhz to 533Mhz so I was wondering, is this going to work without any problems. Will I be able overclock my CPU from 400MHZ to 533Mhz just by changing the option. I don't if this is true or not but I have also heard that matsonic doesn't give you any overclocking options like you can increase the voltage and change all kinds of settings just like in Asus or Abit motherboards but the FSB doesn't go higher than 133Mhz. Is this true and is there any way to fix this. I haven't been to the BIOS yet since I built the computer yesterday and I am trying to figure out any error I get or something. I will definitly be buying a Gigabyte 8SQ800 Motherboard since I heard some very good things about it but that is goona be long from now. I will probably get the chance to buy that motherboard in October 2003. So let me know what should I do until then. And if the motherboard is overclockable. I have seen some very good results that is why I went with them. My friend was able to overclock his 1.5GHZ to 2.0GHZ and I don't think it is bad atall for a willy chip.
Thanks to all in advance.:D :) :( :eek: :p ;)

Back