• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SPRINGDALe + CANTERWOOd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

anyone have links or info on when the new chipsets are avilable and if they're overclockable and the price rang of them ?

The price range is definitly gonna be above $200.00 and they are releasing them in summer. And from what I have heard is that you will be able to overclock quite well.

hrm... sounds mighty tasty kekeke:D imma get job and save up to get it and fullly built system =D

The last I heard they were due to be released on May 20.

I don't see why they will be any more expensive than other motherboards.

kinda noobish here but i think they support 800fsb =D and that too me alone sounds SEXY :eek: :eek: :eek: boogles the mind =D

overclocker23 said:
The price range is definitly gonna be above $200.00 and they are releasing them in summer. And from what I have heard is that you will be able to overclock quite well.
Actually, I think you will find the Springdale at sub $200.
The Canterwood may be above the $200 price point but probably not where the Granite Bay boards were when they first hit the market.

These boards will not have the 6 layer pcb like the granite bay and will be cheaper to produce. Hopefully the 865 will fix some of the problems with the 7205 chipset.

As far as, 800Mhz. My P4G8X has fsb adjustment in the bios up to 400. The real difference will be the support for DDR333/400 and a few bells and whistles. ICH5 vs 4

The P4 800Mhz chips will have lower multipliers, so the verdict IMHO is still out as to how these will OC.

:eek: A P4 with a lower multiplier - Can you say 300fsb? ;) :burn:

Back