• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4G8X First OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PushPad

Registered
What are some safe OC settings for the P4G8X board? I'll be trying some simple OC stuff since my system seems pretty stable now. But before I start my first OC, curious to know any suggestions...other than "read the stickies"...doing that as well. Thanks.

So I played around...FSB@145 and 1.575v. UT2003 & 3DMark03 were both lower than at default bios 1003 settings. Didn't want to flash to the beta or use the tweaked bios. Any higher FSB and voltage to 1.625 were unstable. The only performance boost I'm seeing was raising my AGP/PCI to 69.66/34.83...I don't dare go any higher but it brought my scores a little higher, but not much. Have the [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]. FSB at default 133. I guess with bios 1003 anything over 133 messes with the memory timings. So all I could do to see a boost was up the AGP/PCI freq. Pretty lame. I see most everyone leaves it at 66/33...am I going to screw things up?

I have the same board with a 2.4b tweeked bios. I am oc'd at 190 fsb mem @ 2-3-3-7 vcore at 1.525 Yer not gunna hurt anything going for a higher fsb. If it won't fly, just restart the computer and it will reset the settings. I have never had a problem with the tweaked bios. try it, it's easy with the asus easy bios updater.

X

If I use the tweaked bios, will it open up my memory timings? Where is the link again. If I flash it do I set my bios to defaults first?

Also, my previous question was in regards to leaving the AGP/PCI freq at 69/34 or not...does that cause problems? My 3DMark03 does better higher. But I stopped there.

All I know is that I couldn't go higher than a lousy 145 FSB on my 3.06. And the benchmark was lower than default.

The memory settings are in the chipset configuration. I found that after I relaxed my mem settings, I went from 170 fsb to 190 fsb. Just goto the asus link on your start button list and select asus update, point it to the file and let it do its thing. restart the comp and pop into yer bios and make your changes. I would say relax the mem timings and bump up the fsb. Give it a whirl. let me know.

Cam

As far as the pci settings, from what I understand it's what efver you can get them to work at. I don't think your suppose to look for performance increases their though. Just want that part of the system to run without errors. So I would say if it works at those speeds leave it, If you get your fsb higher and you start getting probs take it back down to 66/33.

Cam

I'm at 3.38 stable
147 FSB stable with 1.625vcore
Timings: 2-2-2-5-Turbo-Infinite-2.7vddr
AGP freq: 68.46 at 1.7v
AGP Aperture: 128
Latency: 64
Tweak Bios 1004.13
Bios Virus off & Bios Plugnplay off
UCSW on
ATI Fast Writes on (for now)

FSB wasn't stable at 150 even with relaxed timings of 2-3-3-7.

Is this all there is?

3DMark03 - only 4830
UT2003 - res 1024x768 214 Flyby 82 Botmatch

Where is a link to get a copy of Prime95? The main link seems down.

Last edited:
Back