• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH7 vs. IT7 Max2 Rev2? Should I go for dual RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ROFISH

Registered
I'm in the market for a new board. Is the IT7 worth the extra $50? I would like to use my LPT port for my old printer, so I'm leaning towards the BH7. The problem I'm hearing is that teh BH7 is 4x AGP. I have a R8500 now, so it's not going to help me now, but for when I upgrade later I want to have the video bandwidth. Are the dual channel RAM boards better overclockers? I'm more looking for overclockability, not memory bandwidth or anything. I really don't want to buy another 512mb stick.

I think the IT7 really does worth every single penny. It is da bomb for overclocking..well, all abit motherboards are awesome for ocing. Dual Channel RAM really improves your bandwidth. And for future you would need 8X AGP but right and for another year or so AGP 8X is a fluff. But after a year AGP 8X will really take off.

The IT7 has 4x AGP. I don't know much about the BH7, but the IT7 is "loaded" with usb, firewire, and other good stuff. No printer though, but I'm sure thats because most people use USB. I think they sell LPT cards, but they cost more than they're worth.

they are pretty much the same board.
bh7 is cheaper, has no firewire, raid, or six channel audio but better capacitors then the IT7

All PE chipsets are 4x agp no matter who make the board.

Are the caps better on the BH7? I thought they used the same ones as the IT7. My IT7 has rubycon caps too.

CrazyP said:
they are pretty much the same board.
bh7 is cheaper, has no firewire, raid, or six channel audio but better capacitors then the IT7

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what aspect of the capacitors on the bh7 makes them better than those on the IT7?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what aspect of the capacitors on the bh7 makes them better than those on the IT7?

if I recall right, abit lost their cap manufacturer and substituted with Rubycon caps, which are sub-standard. This resulted in leaking capacitors and the problems associated with it.

If you need the features, then the IT7 will do you better. If you end up waiting for the DualDDR, you'll get caught in a waiting game for everything.

Back