• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron 845 North Bridge Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fUzZ bUnNy

I was wondering if any one knows of a good northbridge heatsink that works with the wire thingy?

I have a water cooled 2.26 @ 2.82 but I can't get past 166. The processor temps are around 34C, but I think that my northbridge is too hot. I have put artic silver under the original heatsink, but I don't want a permanent solution otherwise I would bond a watercooled sink to it.

I was going to post in the other Albatron thread, but it is getting too long.

I'm using a Thermaltake Tiger 1, which I found at Newegg for about $8.00. Easy to install, but my temps dont seem to be any cooler then I had with the stock HS. The case temp is at 38c, but the AS3 is only a day old so maybe it will go down alittle, but I'm not counting on it. I'm not OC'd yet, so I can't say whether or not the Thermaltake will improve your chances. When my system was aircooled I couldn't even get a stable 150fsb on my P4 2.66. I'm water cooled now, but my temps didn't really go down at all from aircooling, still around 32 c on the CPU and 38 c on the case. I have not tried OCing yet with the WC setup.

I ran into trouble with the Thermaltake Tiger 1. There retention spring pushes up against the 12v atx connection on my Albatron PX845PEV pro. This didn't prevent its use, but I wasn't happy with it. I decided to lap the surface as its not very smooth. After doing this I also cut one of the retention springs to avoid hitting the power connector. BIG MISTAKE. The hsf no longer sits flat. I'll be replacing it with a Zallman ZM-NB32J, which wil have a 80mm blowhole fan blowing across it instead of a 40mm directly on it like the Thermaltake.

Back