• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8IHXP Owners----> BIOS F8 out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scanido

here
http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8IHXP(3.0).htm

I don't know why it only says its for the 3.0rev board but it worked fine with my 2.1. So far I notice no difference.

*EDIT: I was hoping that Gigabyte would have listened to us and included a higher FSB than the paltry low 156, and the much needed AGP/PCI lock. I wouldn't expect they would even consider that anymore. I guess it'll just have to wait until the canterwood boards hit the shelves then I couuld really push this 2.4B.

Last edited:
i dont know much about bios's but im pretty sure it shouldnt make a difference, considering that the (3.0) is the only one you can chose from in the GA-8IHXP section.

raven

yea, not letting us go past 156fsb sucks...but from what i heard, the apg/pci lock is not there cuz 156fsb won't affect our agp and pci speeds enough so that it would cause a problem..and so far, i haven't had any problems whenever i run at 156fsb..but if we can ever get above 156fsb, it'd be definitely needed...anything else new in the new bios besides those listed in the gigabyte site? or i think i'm too lazy to find my giga - cd and flash my bios?

that is true about the agp/pci lock. Other than the two points listed on their site i'm pretty sure there are some other minor fixes. So far i've been running the new bios for a couple days and all seems good, no problems here. The mobo is good stock but i feel my cpu can go much further than the 156FSB, hopefully to at least 3ghz. I'm looking forward to the new canterwood mobos this summer to really push my cpu.

BTW, i don't think you need a flash utility to update. Just download the bios, look for the F8.* file and put on a floppy. Go into your bios, press F8. Then there should be a setting to flash from a floppy. Its pretty easy.....

WhOdInI said:
didnt work that well for me this new bios. my system got considerably slower. switched back to F7 after 10 mins

did it feel slower or did you run the same benchmarks? Just curious.

WhOdInI said:
felt and performed slower, atleast in quake3, sandra and 3dmark. i experienced a form of "lagging" or "loading" ? :rolleyes:

k guess it'll have to rebench my system and find out also.....thx

I hear everyone talking about how it suck that the GA-8IHXP sucks because they can't put the FSB over 156mhz but who can't run stable at 156 right now? Just wondering if I am extremely lucky with the quality RDRAM and CPU I have.

I'm running at 156FSB........PC800 that is! :D

Wish i got a chance to try out some PC1066, but the way its looking i'd rather spend that money on some DDR for the new canterwoods.

jlmoun0 -> Yeah i would say your really lucky getting that RDRAM up to that level. Most people i remember with our board hardly got it to 150FSB! What kind of ram do you have, was it recetly bought?

The Gigabyte Site lists the F8 bios for the 8IHXP v.3.0.
Also, it lists the F7 bios for the 8IHXP v.2.1.

These are the latest bios files available, for both boards.

It doesn't appear that applying the F8 bios (v.3.0) to a v.2.1 board is indicated.

Back