• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of 865/875 Asus boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've learned that pretty pictures tell very little of mainboards. Altough these look nice (except for the VIA chip and what is with the 12v connector?) there is really no telling how fast, overclockable and stable these will be.

(HR)Titan said:
oh yea!
they 'll have "robust overclocking options "
i like that words:)

Having the options again does not say much about the board's actual capabilities. It's BIOS may dial the FSB up all the way to 300Mhz, the voltage up to 2.00v, but whether any of this results in a stable system remains to be seen.

it should be fair to assume however that asus will continue with its overclockability in its boards isn't it? i mean the P4-TE way back when, then the P4T533, and now the PE. i don't think we have anything to worry about

Kronos138 said:
it should be fair to assume however that asus will continue with its overclockability in its boards isn't it? i mean the P4-TE way back when, then the P4T533, and now the PE. i don't think we have anything to worry about

Well hehe I know of several people who were less than satisfied with the P4T533 and the same goes for the P4PE as far as OCing is concerned. The options are there... but it may well be unstable.

i have to admit i have no experience with either of those boards but based my opinion on people i know ... its too bad that every component doesn't work exactly like all the others of the same product

i assume everyone thinks asus boards are top of the line...other than people who have had their problems with them......after chasing so many opinions i;ve noticed everybody has problems with every company sometime....best example......corsair memory go to their web site and check out their forums....it seems loaded full of mad users...i;m looking forward to owning one of the new asus boards...just waiting on intel...

i was thinking, if running a 533mhz chip on a 800mhz capable motherboard wouldnt allow for a better overclock ? since the board surely will be able to go beyond 800mhz fsb, so now the motherboard wouldnt be the first thing to crap up when overclocking right ?

Back