• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Abit making a Granite Bay Based Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimps

As the title suggest, I was wondering if Abit was going to be making a motherboard based on the Granite Bay chipset. I'm a fan of Abit, and am ready to jump from AMD to Intel. I've read that the Granite Bay chipset is the best performing Intel chipset out right now, and I prefer Abit motherboards over any other. I'm sure one is in the works, any word on when it's coming out?

While you say that you like Abit motherboards more than any other brand, my friend with an Asus P48GX has had splendid overclocking results with it. 2.4 B0 @ 3.01ghz; hes planning on upgrading to the 3.06ghz once it reaches $350

If you must have a granite bay chipset right now, that is the best board in many peoples opinions and reviews. Otherwise, I would just hold out for an abit canterwood/springdale board. It should be reasonably affordable when it hits the market instead of the $230-250 price tag of most granite bay boards.

-efini

efini said:
While you say that you like Abit motherboards more than any other brand, my friend with an Asus P48GX has had splendid overclocking results with it. 2.4 B0 @ 3.01ghz;

-efini
that overclock can be made with most boards reguardless of it being a granite bay,my board has been known to get it to 200 fsb,most boards can,how does he like the agp8x that doesnt work???even though the performance gain is nothing much,but still 315$plus tax cdn for granite bay doesnt justify paying 150$ extra for a some better mem benchies

Back