• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II owners, any one getting error 51 with CDRW's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duster.

TH7-II, Error 51 with my CDRW, why?
Hi,
Anybody know why i'm getting a error 51 in my event log each time I try to burn a CD?

Ive tried 2 new IDE cables, Ive tried reformating my PC, with no PCI cards installed, that didnt help.

I dont get the error when playing CD's only when trying to burn them.
Ive been using Nero as the burner software.

The CDRW is on my second IDE port by it's self and is set to master.

Im using a TH7-II motherboard, with a P4 2.2, 1 GB RAM, Win XP pro, Aopen CDRW 5224

Thanks for any more help you can offer

Nope, no errors.

Have you tried to set the CDRW to "cable select"?
Mine is set to that. Plextor hooked to Primary IDE channel with an DVD reader as 2nd device.

Other than that your CDRW is defect.

Gloin

Just a thought...with WinXP you need to have the latest ASPI drivers for any burning software to work correctly. Hit up Adaptec's web page and download the latest ones and then try. Sorry i don't have a link to give ya, shouldn't be that hard to find. Hope this fixes yer problem.

Flexy

yeah, everytime i try to burn a disc i get errors too. but i think it is related to my overclocking. my system runs fine but when i run prime i get errors, so im thinking burning a cd is stressing the system causing data errors. are u overclocked?

Gloin said:
Nope, no errors.

Have you tried to set the CDRW to "cable select"?
Mine is set to that. Plextor hooked to Primary IDE channel with an DVD reader as 2nd device.

Other than that your CDRW is defect.

Gloin

Hi Gloin,

How do you set the CDRW to cable select?

I wonder if it's to do with it being the only device on the second IDE channel?

Thanks for your reply

Flexy said:
Just a thought...with WinXP you need to have the latest ASPI drivers for any burning software to work correctly. Hit up Adaptec's web page and download the latest ones and then try. Sorry i don't have a link to give ya, shouldn't be that hard to find. Hope this fixes yer problem.

Flexy

Hi Flexy,

I'll try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your reply

Logger said:
Do you have IAA the latest version? when did it start happening?

Hi Logger,

I.m using 2.23 IAA.

the problem started as soon as I installed this drive, But I had the same sort of problem with my last Aopen Drive. Maybe the TH7-II doesnt like Aopen drives?

Thanks for your reply

flapperhead said:
yeah, everytime i try to burn a disc i get errors too. but i think it is related to my overclocking. my system runs fine but when i run prime i get errors, so im thinking burning a cd is stressing the system causing data errors. are u overclocked?

Hi Flapperhead,
I'm not overclocked at all, but my CPU core voltage is set 3 places higher than normail, as my TH7-II undervolts very badly.

Thanks for your reply

Duster. said:

Hi Gloin,

How do you set the CDRW to cable select?

I wonder if it's to do with it being the only device on the second IDE channel?

Thanks for your reply

My Plextor CDRW drive has a strap setting for it!

Could be your drive is busted?

Logger said:
Almost sounds like an Aopen or software problem.
Is the drive recognized ok in IAA

Hi, Thanks for reply,

Yes AAI does detect it ok.

I just tried some new TDK 48x speed CDR's, and I dont seem to be getting the same error with the ones ive treid so far........
I always get the error if I try and format a CDRW disk under Nero, and I sometimes get the error 51, if I copy to a CDRW disk...
and I sometimes get the error 51, If I use slower CDR's.... But I dont get the error so much as if I was using CDRW disk........very strange.....

I wonder then if it's more of a problem with CDRW disks?

Thanks for your help

Back