• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8INXP continuos beep ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

im getting a continous beep from my Moboard from power on. System is running fine but teh error apparently means a memory problem ?

Anyone have any ideas what it could be ? Maybe its cos im using 3500 which is officially incompatible RAM ?

Other than that i cant think what it is. RAM is securely installed and bandwidth is okay at about 3800 mb/sec in Sandra

cheers

Rich

In the other thread you made, you said your timings are 1.5,5,2,2? right? that seems a bit TOO aggresive. why not try lowering them. So it runs at cas 2 instead of 1.5 ( i think thats what the first number means ) maybe your board it telling you " Hey! this is too much! cus it back" or something... i dont think it is because your runnin 3500 ram.. it is supposed to run good. just make sure you first try to put it to its rated speed. I think the INXP officially suports DDR 3200.. so try it at those speeds, and then relax your timings a bit. then tell us what happens! (btw, are you running at dual channel or single?

raven

hiya... the noise was still there with all types of timings

as for dual/single .. i presume i am running dual. The memory is installed in two of teh banks that are close together and teh same color connectors (DDR1 & DDR3 i think) but do you have to enable something in the bios ?

Back