• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

returning to the world of intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cigma77

Registered
I am returning to the world of intel after a long time in the amd world and jusy want to make sure i didn't mess this up.

I just ardered a Abit BH7 motherBoard(it looked like people liked this board) and a P4 2.53 chip.

Here is the ?. I currently have 786 pc2700 with this ram be ok in this board or should i get different ram for it. Lokking for the best proformance. This rig is for gaming and mpeg 4 encoding.

Thanks

Your current RAM will work ok with your system. At default speed, you'll be able to set the memory ratio at 3:4 for nice performance. But... once you start overclocking the CPU, then you'll probably have to use the less agressive setting of 1:1 though. So, for max performance and memory bandwidth, you might consider getting faster RAM, like Corsair XMS PC3200 or something like that. If you're on a budget, you could use your current RAM until you can afford new RAM. Maybe sell your old memory to help defray the cost?

yep thats what i was going to do. Get by for a couple of mth's on this ram and then get the better stuff.

Thanks

I too just came back to intel after many years of "amd"ing. Good luck with the switch over! Haven't had an intel since the 133mhz range. :)
The BH7 looks and reads to be a great board, I almost went with it also. good choice!

Back