• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stool

Just came across what is purported to be an engineering sample P3, 1.3GHz. Wondering if anyone can direct me to a board that allows multiplier adjustments for that chip, either jumpered or BIOS, that won't break the bank.

Thanks. I haven't dabbled with Intel for a while. The one Intel board I still have only has a 10x multiplier, so I need other suggestions.

You'll need one that supports Tualatin CPUs or else get a Powerleap adapter. The 10X limitation shouldn't matter actually.

batboy said:
You'll need one that supports Tualatin CPUs or else get a Powerleap adapter. The 10X limitation shouldn't matter actually.

Hmm, but doesn't he have an engineering sample? Doesn't he need some way to adjust the multiplier?

durrem

That's why I'm looking.
I have an Asus that doesn't suport Tualatin, and doesn't have a multiple over 10.

That's what I said in my last post... you can get a Powerleap adapter that will allow the mobo to use the Tualatin. If it's an ES CPU, then you don't need anything above 10X multiplier. In fact, using a lower multiplier will allow you to crank up the FSB for better performance.

Found an MSI 694T Pro, should do the trick. I like to find a balance between multiplier and FSb(at least on AMD rigs). Haven't had an unlocked Intel since God knows when. A PII 166, I think

Back