• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fixed PCI 37mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

I have been running fixed pci at 33mhz for the last month since I have built my machine. I have just stepped it up to 37mhz fixed and have noticed a nice gain in hard disk perfromance.
Should I be worried about running at 37mhz? I would hate to see my 4 hard drives die early, but if 37mhz won't hurt them at all then I will leave it at that.
Not to mention that everything else at 37mhz seems fine and a faster pci must be better performance across the board.
All that im concerned about is 37mhz gonna be bad in the long run?

I ran a P-III 700 at 150 FSB (1050 MHz) for 1-1/2 years with no problems (I did have lots of cooling mods). Anyway, that works out to be a PCI bus speed of 37.5 MHz.

I don't think you will run into any problems... At the fist sign of data corruption however, step down and low level format your drives.

Back