• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA problems with PCNUT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigjake

Registered
I bought a AMD XP2100+ TBred B AMD AthlonXP 2100 OEM week 48 from PCNUT and didnt have a mobo to put it in for a while. So when i got one a couple weeks later i stuck the CPU in it worked for about a week the died. I still had a couple of days on the 30 day warranty so i tried to RMA it. 4 days go by and no response so i emailed again... still no response went to planet feed back filled out my complaint to the head guy and also went to resellerratings.com and ripped them on the rating this morning i finally got my response ....

Humphrey Chen emailed
"Besides the fact you requested for an RMA, past the warranty date; which is odd, when you claimed the CPU is "dead on arrival". There is nothing we can do for you, especially now you have tarnished our ratings all over the net."

I tried to rma within warranty, and i never said DOA..

This is a post just warning everyone to watch out for PCNUT :mad:

Humphrey is a senior here at oc.com and a person that I consider to be of the highest caliber.

I don't know the particulars of this, but yours is the ONLY, and I mean only complaint I have ever heard about PCNUT. Every other item I have read, heard, or seen posted has nothing but the absolute highest praise for Humphrey and his outfit.

All that was necessary was to respond to the first RMA request!
not wait until i gave him a bad rating and then email me because the stupid rating is "tarnished". If this is the first complaint then maybe this will be a lesson not to blow people off. Also i can login to my rating a resellerratings.com and change the rating, but my rating to the company reflects my dealings with them thus far!

If you paid by credit card call your credit card company and do a chargeback. A copy of your original sent email along with a copy of the vendors return policy will certainly help your case.

I have noticed recently that many online retailers do not respond to email of any type even sales inquiries. If a retailer cant take 1 minute to hit the reply button and answer my question then as far as im concerned they wont get my money.

Make several posts on resellerratings.com

Obviously they are VERY sensitive when it comes to that, if you know what I mean.

In fact I'll go and do one for you...

Perhaps they were too busy checking RR site so they didn't have time to reply ?

dumpa said:
Make several posts on resellerratings.com

Obviously they are VERY sensitive when it comes to that, if you know what I mean.

In fact I'll go and do one for you...

Perhaps they were too busy checking RR site so they didn't have time to reply ?

This is seriously seriously wrong, and effects everyone.. People acting such as you suggest will ruin resellleratings for everyone, how are we supposed to get a balanced view of a supplier.. if mindless people post fake ratings for companys of which they have no experience of.
You are neither supporting reselleratings or the users of this forum let alone respectable dealers with your actions

A suggestion on how the situation could be resolved between the supplier and customer would be a little more productive as would a little more consideration and thought !

Last edited:
Back