• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

using pc3200 with a 400fsb cpu = pc2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

myarse

hi all,
i just picked up some Samsung pc3200 ddr ram and replaced the kingmax pc2700 i have with my p4pe mobo and p4 2.4 400 fsb.

After setting everything to auto i ran some tests and found the ram speed was running like pc2100.
so i set everything to manual. system to turbo and memory turbo enabled and then in the memory frequency picked 333 as this was the highest speed it showed. Again I ran the tests (sandra) and found it ran at pc2700 speed.

After looking on the net i found that unless your fsb is higher than 133 the memory divider for pc3200 is not available.

just thought i would let you guys know.

i currently run the p4 2.4 at 2.92 (122 fsb) at 1.6v i don’t think i can get it up to 133fsb without upping the voltage above what i would be happy with especially with the fluctuating core volts on the p4pe.

Best get a 533fsb p4 I guess.

Thanks for the info! btw, how is your P4 2.4? is that 2.4b? or? :$
I am looking to buy one of those chips or i'll jump up to the 2.53GHz? If i can get 2.92GHz out of it and it is stable i will be happy with the 2.4!

I was just wondering if you would purchase that chip again or would you go for the 2.53b or 2.66GHz? I would spend around 300$ CDN. maybe more

thanks for your info.

Phil - the xinu|unix geek

the 2.4 works fine at the moment but the 400fsb is holding me back with the memory speed.

If i want to go any higher i need to increase the core volts to 1.65v. this is ok but the asus p4pe will give me a range of volts when idle about 1.73 and at load maybe 1.61. it's the idle volts i am worried about.

if your going to get a 2.4 make sure it's a SL6RZ just look in the intel cpu threads and you will see all you will need to convince you it's the way to go.

Also the new c1 stepping 2.53 chips are giving good results too.

if i could garantee that i would get the SL6RZ from a uk supplier i would have placed that order yesterday but so far i can olny get SL6EF and i have seen mixed responses from those chips.

myarse

I have a vary similar machine as you lately I was able to pick up a P4PE for under $180.00 Can.
I am currently using an Asus P4B MB with a 2.5a?, SL6GT, FSB 400, 600+mb 133 sdram.

I am eagerly awaiting my ram so that I can put it together.

Thanks for the Info..........

mithrandir you are one of the first people i;ve seen running a 2.5 very curious about your overclock keep me posted ...i see lots of 2.53 2.4b ...curious how your chip does

You should check out the database and you'll find that the SL6EF's for the most part are doing quite well, and they seem to be in more abundance then SL6RZ. I'm running mine at 1.6V which in the real world for this board is closer to 1.7.

prettycoolguy47 said:
You should check out the database and you'll find that the SL6EF's for the most part are doing quite well, and they seem to be in more abundance then SL6RZ. I'm running mine at 1.6V which in the real world for this board is closer to 1.7.

i just bought a p4 2.53 SL6EG from ebay that looks like i should be good for over 3ghz.

Back