• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH7 - bios reads 50C - MBM5 reads 90c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

okay - i had head of temps being off by 10c or so.

but bios reads 50c with it over clcoked to 3.06 from 2.4 with stock fan / voltage - motherboard monitor 5 is reading it up @ 90c!! and just shuts down my comp upon me starting MBM5.

like what is going on here?

Temps are way off on this board. I just got one and the cpu temp jumps around from 60 to 69C (winbond) while running P95. I don't think these are correct temps because I can put my finger on the heat sink and dosn't feel that hot. Don't know what to do about it...just wait and see if they can fix it some how.

same problem here with my BH7. The bios report 43c cpu temp at stock speeds.

When I installed MBM5 the temp was at 50c idle. So hmmm tough to tell the actuall temp here :(.

Also can I ask what is your FSB and multi at?

@ stock it was hovering in the 43c mark - and i even put my HUGE floor fan beside it - and on my oldf P4S533 - that would drop the temp to about 32c and 43 max load.

on this it just sits @ 50 - 48c idle in bios.

right now i got it clocked @ 167.49mhz x 18

i put it down until i could figure out this temp issue as i did not want to fr it - i had it up @ 174 for a while.

I picked up an IT7 Max 2 V. 2 and I'm having the same problems as you guys. I've got a 2.53 in it though. Hey Mr.Guvernment, what "board sensor" do you have set in MBM 5? I had a few wrong ones set and temps were anywheres from 90°c to 127°!! Now I'm using the "windbond 2 diode" and it works fine.

Wierd, I am having the same problem with my be7, im using winbond 2 diode and am getting 60C full load according to it on my temperature in my sig, and i know that cant be right at all when I touch the heatsink and its only warm to touch, and the AS3 is put on almost perfectly.

Motherboards should come with some kind of calibration utility or something.

^^^ that would be good.

in MBM5 i did have one censor wrong, that is why i was hitting the 90 - 112 as i think that was the diode one or something like that. - i got it on the right one now, but it still hovers pretty high! - i know i need better case cooling, once i get that all done i will see hwo it sits.

I have freaky temp readings as well. My BH7 I just installed the monitor program that came on the install CD, and I could literally watch the temp jump from like 50C to 60C to 72C then right back to 50C all in a matter of seconds. It was quite freaky. Hope there is a fix for temp issues soon. I am running a 2.4b at over 3GHz and I do not wanna burn it up due to freaky temp readings.

^^^ wel the BH7 has the shut down option in the bios - i have mine set to shut down if it hits 70c. i got mine only @ 2.7 for now until i get proper cooling and update the bios.

I overclocked as best as possible (3.15) at default voltage With 2.4b SL6RZ. At +5% the board starts beeping !! I'm only using the intel sink on this one for now.

Which winbond sensors apply to the board, processor, and 4 phase power? sens 1 is at 36C, 2 is at 29C, 3 is at 51C and that is with folding running, 2.85 Ghz at 119 FSB. do those look right?

maxwedge said:
Fix is coming...read. :D

SWEET!

thing is - i was over clocking trying to get my 3d mark score up - i had it @ 3.09 and the temp was around 50 and dropped to 46 in bios on reboot - almost as if it fixed itself as i had it overclocked to about 175 FSB - around 3.110 and was running that for a good 2 hours.

nice overclock. When I tried overclock to 3.06mhz the computer wouldnt boot to windows.

Oh and I installed MBM5 and now my cpu idles at 38-40c and around 50c under load at stock cpu speeds ofcourse.

I have no idea how accurate these temps are but sure is better then to look at 49c idle in Bios :).

Had exactly the same problem with my 2.4 SL6RZ!
When i was running prime @ 195Mhz FSB the temp shown as "other" in winbond hardware doctor went up to 95°C! :mad:

I found out it's the sensor for the mosfets and capacitors around the cpu socket....as soon as i fixed a 92mm fan in front of that area the temps went down to 44°C.
Before there was nearly no airflow due to watercooling so it heated up that much. ;)

Nevertheless the cpu temp drives me crazy...jumps from 52 to 62°C in one second and then back again. :eek:

^^^^ the way i checke for sure when i was pushing mine up to 3.2 witha floor fan besid eit - i simply felt the heat sink, and it was nice and cool - so i would say the temp is off by abour 10c.

as for your over clock - do you have your mem/ @ defualt settings - i literally kept all my bios settings on defualt didn't change anything! also, did you use the PCI lock - i don't use any PCI slots but i locked mine on 37mhz.

What is the hiest yours will go?

Mr.Guvernment said:
^^^^ the way i checke for sure when i was pushing mine up to 3.2 witha floor fan besid eit - i simply felt the heat sink, and it was nice and cool - so i would say the temp is off by abour 10c.

Yep, i aggree with that! ;)

as for your over clock - do you have your mem/ @ defualt settings - i literally kept all my bios settings on defualt didn't change anything! also, did you use the PCI lock - i don't use any PCI slots but i locked mine on 37mhz.

What is the hiest yours will go?

I locked AGP/PCI at 66/33.
Mem timings are @ 2.5-3-3-6 (2.75V) with 1:1.
Recieved my SL6RZ just today and i only wanna check out how far it goes ;)

I'm priming with these settings for about 20 minutes now at 195Mhz...vcore is at 1.65V (1.61 wasn't stable)

Unfortunately it wont boot to windows at 200Mhz - no matter what vcore i set it to - just as if intel prevented this somehow!:rolleyes:
But i can see the mouse cursor before it stops booting! :p

^^^^
Have you tried a fresh format and instal @ that speed?

with me once i hit 172 - windows error would pop up syaing this file missing etc etc - so i formated with the speed @ 171 - and now i can go to 175 no prob - i would go higher - but again, want to wait till i get proper cooling and this temp issues is fixed.

Back