• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Newegg Price Match?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I paid $93 for a corsair memory (bought 2) just to find out that I could have gotten the exact same ones for $76.

kfunk said:
I paid $93 for a corsair memory (bought 2) just to find out that I could have gotten the exact same ones for $76.

Try calling them up.

yeah it wouldnt hurt to ask. The worst they can say is no. :).

I think most of us go to newegg for their kind customer support and comfort knowing they wont scam you. I could get better deals elsewhere, but I just trust them and respect them for how they treat their customers...

But try asking, see what you can do on the phone... you never know.

~JeFF

Didn't know they even had a number. I thought they were stictly web based store

That stinks. I RMAed my memory and bought it from somewhere else. It was cheaper for me to return them to newegg and buy it at different store.

FYI - I came across this because I just overpaid for something @ newegg... and although they DO NOT have a price match guarantee, they did in fact meet me halfway. I purchased an item from them for $294.00 which I later found at Micro Center for $199.00. I called them and they gave me a $50.00 credit.

This is why I continue to be a Newegg customer. I realize this is probably on a case by case basis but still... give them a call, you never know.

I think the reason why a place like Newegg which charges such low prices, only manages to stay in business because of customer service. They don't always have the lowest deals all of the time, but they do have low prices all of the time and excellent deals some of the time. If there is a problem, its usually no questions asked. We support them because they support their customers. Alot of websites or B&M stores can not say the same. If it comes down to a $20 dollar saving by using another website, I will still go with Newegg because I know what I am getting.

In my experience, they said No.

I was tryingto buy my obsidian case, and it was $299+~$30 SnH. ZZF had it for $289 shipped. They wouldnt match that.

Necro topic it's 7 years old. Newegg used to have the best prices hands down but it never hurts to shop around a little. Most places are all close to the same price.

They did for me on a Auzentech SC last year. I think maybe $15 difference. But I had spent $1450 with them earlier in the year. And maybe $2500 overall. Which I mentioned :)

She looked up the site, and agreed to do it.

Im not so sure they know the margins when you call them. I mean, why would they if they dont price match? From experience, that is a lot of work to keep track of, and entirely unnecessary for CS to know considering they dont do phone orders, or again, dont price match.

I would ultimately like to see more of this when it comes to PC components. And Newegg should lead the way. Much rather toss my coin their way.

They used to be the cheapest but seem to be more expensive then anywhere else now for most parts.

Depending on who you talk to they will give you credit for the price difference though.

They are still the cheapest on some items if you shop around. For example I was looking for a drive adapter that lets me mount 2x 2.5" into a single 3.5" bay. eBay was like $10 shipped. Most online retailer were $10 to $25. The cheapest I found on newegg was $8 shipped.

Pricegrabber, google shopping, and bing check around for what you need and check shipping price if not free.

FYI: As a matter of unadvertised internal policy, the first time you request it, NewEgg WILL price match, after you've already ordered (which makes it more like "price protection", despite their wording). They have a pre-written response for it, worded to make it sound like they're making an exception just for you:

"Normally, Newegg does not price match since our prices are real time on our website and these prices fluctuate often. However, we are willing to credit you $[amount] as a one time exception since we do value you as a customer. Please allow 3-5 business days for this amount to be available on your original form of payment."

This canned response has evolved somewhat over the years, but the gist stays the same. This goes for NewEgg's own price drops as well: If the item you ordered gets discounted shortly after your purchase, you can contact them and they'll credit you. If you make the request via live chat they add a little dramatic pause while they "think it over" ;)

I have no idea if this ever works more than once. Nevertheless, it nearly always works that first time.

It's hard to decide whether or not to like this. On one hand, they're giving you money back when they don't actually need to; and on the other, it's all just an act, meant to get you thinking they're cool and laid back. In reality they're not, though, and are just following a policy; so don't assume they'll respond just as cool-like in similar scenarios later on...

Last edited:
Back