• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios and RIAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wishy

Registered
Bios and RAID

Daft question!
Just built a new machine based around this board for work, rough spec is as below

SINXP1394 (Obviously)
PIV 2.56B
2x256 Dual DDR
2x80Gb WD (RAID set to mirror)

The problem I am seeing is intermittant booting of the RAID array requiring a simple CTRL ALT DEL then it's fine. It's not related to cabling/connections as far as I can see (I do see this problem sometimes in my home rig (see sig) but this is always related to me going inside the case and doing something that acidentally knocks the IDE cable out).

The bios I have is F2 and I see that the latest is F5 so I wonder if that will help? BOTTOM LINE IS, IS F5 BIOS NICE AND STABLE?
Unlike other mobo sites I have seen there is no info on Gigabytes site as to what fixes were made between the various bios releases. I would like to see something written like "F4 fixes intermittant RAID boot problem" before I flash the thing.

I did read one thread on Gigabytes site regarding changing Boot delay time" or "IDE delay time" to a longer one or give a warm boot. But either I'm stupid or I can't see this option in my Bios.

Failing an answer to my question, does anyone have any general thoughts on Bios for this board?

Last edited:
He i dont know what the changes are of the f5 bios but it nice to se that the ide timeing is changed because my DVD rom is hanging some time

Back