• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What happened to the GA-8PE667 Ultra 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPanther2003

Registered
I finally decided to RMA my P4PE to Newegg, and went to order a
Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra 2 from Newegg and it's gone. No, they're not just out of stock the item has been removed. I went over to Googlegear.com and it's gone there too. I did a search at bizrate, and found some at a couple of online companies I've never dealt with.

I also called Newegg to ask why the item was removed, and they said that most likely meant they wouldn't carry it any longer. Does anyone know what happened with this board? It's still listed on the Gigabyte website and has recently won some new awards. I'm confused.

They are probably just moving form the old board, the PE667, to the newer version, the PE800. This is just probably the case. BOth boards are really nice, and stable! so you mihgt think of picking one of these up!

raven

Yeah, that's the most likely thing. Fry's isn't going to get them in anymore either. Infact, they've even stopped selling the 8INXPs! If you can find the board though, snatch it. Check out my sig for reasons why.

As far as finding one, I've bought stuff from Royal Computer before. They're pretty reliable. As always, I'll buy stuff from newegg.com if I can, but if I can't find it anywhere else, these guys are whom to go to. :D

Happy OCing!

Back