• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bh7 ddr slots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xcam

Registered
Hello I have a new bh7 and have 2 pc3500 memory chip. I am not finding where each one goes to enable ddr. I have tried in slot 0 1 02. I'll try 1 2 next, but am I missing something? Do I need to enable it in the bios?

Thanks,
Cam

All 3 memory slots are DDR slots. You don't/can't do anything in the bios to enable or disable this.

If your thinking DDR2 then the board does not support that type of memory.

OOPS

Ok In sandra it shows mem @ 175 x2 for a 350mhz us. So thats double data rate correct? I think I kinda fooled myself, cause my mem scores on my p4g8x are in the 4500's. On the bh7 their in the 2500's. I was looking at the comparison benchie's in sandra and it seems that my mem scores are low. So it made me wonder if they were @ ddr rates.

Runs great though.

Thanks,
Cam

yes - it is @ DDR rates - but the BH7 i do not beleive is double DDR - check the manual - there would be a certian configuration for it - usually modules in slots 2 and 3.

the bh7 is ddr, geez. usually with these 845pe boards, you want one stick in slot 1 and one stick in slot 2 or 3. 2 and 3 share the memory controller. anyways, to get pc3500 speeds with the board, you need a fsb speed of 165 and the memory ratio @ 3:4, or a fsb speed of 175 and the memory ratio @ 4:5

I think there is some confusion here,
The board is a DDR ram board, so it takes DDR sticks.
It is not dual channel DDR ram board. This is why your memory scores are way elss then your p4g8x, which is a dual channel ddr board.
For your BH7, you can populate the slots in any alowable config, but you will never get it to be dual ddr, and so your mem scores will always be lower.

If you were looking for a dual channell ddr board with the 200FSB P4 support, you needed to wait longer. They are not out yet.

Ok Cool that explains alot. So I don't need 2 sticks of ram on the bh7. That is for my dual channel board. Yah I have 2 sticks of 512 in there that are each different. My fsb has came down to 170 and I am thinking it is the memory mismatch. So if it doesn't cause any performance hit to just have one in there than thats what i'll do to get my fsb back up to 180.

Thanks all,
Cam

strokeside said:

It is not dual channel DDR ram board........

If you were looking for a dual channell ddr board with the 200FSB P4 support, you needed to wait longer. They are not out yet.

that is what i meant! - no dual channel - but this board will support the 800MHz cpu's, just does not have dual channel ddr :) - according to Abit.

Back