• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Configuring RAID on the P4T533.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zarghanon

Registered
Hi, I added two Maxtor 80GB drives that are seen by the FasTrak133 utility and added fine as a striped array.

When I boot from the Windows XP cd, it runs for a bit and copies some files. It then stops and says it cannot continue since there are no drives found.

The manual states that you need to set a "SCSI/ATA100 Boot Sequence". I could not find anything like that in the BIOS. Do I need to upgrade the BIOS ? (That is flash it with a newer version)
How did you get yours to work ?

Thanks for your input
Z

No, to be honest this is my first XP installation. I did not see anything that said I could hit F6. It starts up says copying setup files and then after a bit It says it could not see any IDE drives and F3 to restart. (It's a Windows XP Professional OEM CD)

Should I hit F6 sometime right after it boots from the CD ?

If I remember from the Windows 2000 setup, F6 would allow you to format drives ? I'm not sure why in XP it just said starting to copy files when the drives are not even formatted.

Zarghanon said:
No, to be honest this is my first XP installation. I did not see anything that said I could hit F6. It starts up says copying setup files and then after a bit It says it could not see any IDE drives and F3 to restart. (It's a Windows XP Professional OEM CD)

Should I hit F6 sometime right after it boots from the CD ?

Yes, just after it boots and you get the blue screen. Look at the bottom of the screen, for about 5 secs you have an option to press F6 if you have a driver floppy for your Raid setup. It wont ask for the floppy until later though.

Al

hit "F6" right after you see the WinXP setup (blue color screen) starts up!! if you see it starts to copy files, you are too late, just reboot it and try again.

Ok, I got this far but where do I get a driver disk ? I did not get a floppy with my motherboard. I looked on the Asus CD and found a driver in the Promise folder. I guess i should use this one.

This means I have to go buy a 1.44mb floppy drive. I thought I could get away without one but the setup asks for a driver floppy only. Any way to run this from the CD ?

Thanks for your patience.

Ok, I went and bought a floppy. I copied the drivers and it's now busy formatting. 160Gb takes a while. I'm really impressed with this system. It's going to be pretty fast.

Cheers
Z

Back