• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory vs. CPU in 8PE667's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amino

So I saw this in our CPU section.

It got me to thinking. I was wondering if anybody could fill me in here. I'm running my cpu at the specs you see in my sig. My memory is running at the 2.0 setting, at 360 Mhz, with the CPU at 180. Now,I hear people talking about ratios. 4/5, 3/4, and 1/1. WHat ratio am I running? 1/2? 1/1? 23/84? LOL. I know I sound like a n00b. Fact of the matter is, I am when it comes to stuff about memory. hehe.

Anybody got any info?

your ratio is 1:1

the 2.5 ratio selection in the bios is 4:5

you can also pin mod the chip to appear to be a 400fsb chip so the 2.66 (3:4) ratio selection is available in the bios

but I think you're good at 2.0 (1:1)
the PC2700 can't go much higher, so just lower the timings to as low as possible (raise the vdimm to highest (+.2v)

Well, I tried the 2.0 Timing instead of 2.5 for my memory at vDIMM +.2V, but it didn't work. Froze on the nature test in 3DMark01. Anyways, I think I'm gonna leave everything the way it is, until I get my ramsinks. Then it's just up with the memory on my 9700Pro and that'll pretty much be it for me.

Back