• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8INXP owners, NB HSF question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

Simple question, have you guys taken the NB HSF off the chip. I'm trying to take the HSF off and put some AS3 on the chipset, but mine seems to be firmly placed on the chipset. Don't want to budge it to much, I'm scared I might break my shiney and expensive new toy. Thanks.

I haven't tried to remove mine, and I am wondering what the benefit would be. Would this give a better OC? I have been reading the forums for quite a while, and I haven't heard of anyone mentioning this for an 8inxp.

Well I always like to take off the factor TIM and put some AS3 on the nb or MTH as Intel calls it. Also I was thinking of putting a nb waterblock on the chips so I was curious if its safe to take the hsf off or not. It's stuck on pretty good, not epoxied good, but good enough to have me worry about ripping the chip off the mb.

dont worry guys theres no epoxy under it. Its just the bubble gum stuff underneath it. Pretty easy to remove with some alcohol and nail work. I put one of the those zalman northbridge cooler with a 40 mm led fan on it. I have a question, is it better to pull or push air through it for maximum cooling?

Back