• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH7-Strange issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aktunka

Ok, here is my situation. I have one of the multi-vid p4's (2.4b sl6rz costa rica) that I have been running just fine in my Asus p4pe board for weeks now at 3.33GHz at default voltage (1.525)rock stable. However, due to a problem with the board that required me to do a reset defaults, boot to windows, then shut down and set up my settings again (this is only if the pc was shut down for a long time...if I just rebooted or it was only off an hour or so, it would be just fine). Anyhow, due to that, I decided to RMA that board and get an Abit BH7 instead since it sounded like it would maybe even have more headroom. Well, so far, I have to raise the voltage on the BH7 just to get it to post and get into windows xp at anything 3GHz or higher now. It is the same chip and the same Corsair PC3200 512MB stick. Any ideas of some setting in the bios that could be causing me to have to bump the voltage up on this board when I was running stable on the other board?

Also, anyone else had this happen? On the asus board, if I let the bios autodetect the ram by speed, it saw it as CAS 2, 2-2-7. The default that it detects it at in the abit board is CAS 2, 2-2-5. Strangest thing is that at newegg, the description lists it as CAS 2, 2-2-6! So confusing lol. Anyhow, thanks for any assistance.

Aktunka

i got my voltage @ defualt and i can hit 3.2 from my 2.4 - all bios setting @ defualt and i got some cheap no name power supply - (yes i know - but i got a nice antec on it's way - this is why i don't keep my o/c rig on for more then 24 horus when burning in)

but yeah - ummm, could be your ram possibly?

What vid card? and other hardware u got that maybe draning extra power?

Diff. mobo's over clock diff really.

take our any PCI cards and lock the PCI/AGP @ 33 or 37?

Back