• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's about time Fry's opened a new store.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Paradoxmaker

I was flipping through the want adds today and I ran across an ad for Fry's electronics. It says they are opening a new MEGA store in Irving,Tx (Dallas- FT worth subburb). All I can say is it's about time. That 2 stores that are here now are in Arlington, Tx(15 miles from my house) and Garland, Tx (30 miles from my house), so now a new store will only be 10-15 min away instead of 45 min (there is no quick way to get anywhere in Arlington).

I know that most of the time their service is horrible but the selection still keeps me coming back.

Any one interested should look in the Dallas Morning Newspaper. It say they need 300 full time employes. I am thinking of seeing if I can get somthing parttime to add a little extra money to my full time gig(and hopefully score an employee discount) :D

30 miles? How about 200 miles. Closest one to Seattle is in the next state. It's crazy. They're in all the west coast states except Washington.

Redstone said:
30 miles? How about 200 miles. Closest one to Seattle is in the next state. It's crazy. They're in all the west coast states except Washington.

Try like 1000 miles for me.

That's just a guess, I have no clue where a Fry's would be.

ask old outpost why they want tax from me in ohio.stores in ohio yeah right ,i don;t think so,,....i assume fry;s made so much money from the melon stunner post that they decided hey lets open new stores.....

Well I hope the new place will be better than the old ones. And maybe they will hire some trained monkeys to work there so the customer servcie is better

Well I think they have a great selection w/ decent prices. As I said above their service is pretty terrible at times. You just take your chances if you buy something with a tag saying it was retuned and inspected to be complete and in working order. As an example I bought a KT400 Dragon board and all they had at the time was ones with the returned sticker on them. I got home with it and in the process of inspecting it noticed it did not have any software, No problem I can download it from the Net. The big problem was that the board had 4 or 5 burned circuit traces peeling off of the board. Checked for quality? I think not.

Still like the store but I will not buy somthing with a returned merch label.

Back