• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't boot with P4T533-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firestorm225

Registered
My brother's friend put together a computer recently, but he has a problem with booting. The motherboard is a Asus P4T533-C.

At first the computer started, but then shut off soon (with no beeps or onscreen stuff).

Now, it doesn't start at all. You just click the button, and nothing happens. I've verified that the plugs from the case are plugged in correctly into the motherboard. The Green LED on the motherboard is lit up, so I think the power supply is OK. I've noticed a few times when turning it on, a few fans very slightly spun and then stopped. Any suggestions?

Is it an old power supply? What size is it. If the fans aren't spinning then I would say it is either the PSU or the Motherboard. Is the P4 connector from the PSU connected?

Yes, the P4 power supply plug is connected. The power supply is a new Raidmax 350w PS. I tried a few more times, and every once in a while it makes a little noise and the fans moves very slightly, and then it dies again. I'm going to try swapping in my power supply to see what happens.

Yeah, CPU fan is plugged into the CPU fan header, and everything looks fine, but it still doesn't start. Weird :(

I had the same type problem with my P4T533-C when first installing it using only the P4 Power plug...I now use both that and the E-Z plug and weird shutdown problems went away....also check and reseat your CPU and memory...does your BIOS get a reading for the Fan RPM?...that may not matter but the board may need to know that a fan is in the CPU.

Thanks, I'll check those things out. But wouldn't the power supply still turn on even if the CPU wasn't seated?

Back