• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it safe to pull off the white memory clips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

I was just wondering if it was sage to pull these off... I figure they are just plastic and wont affect the mobo at all, and the ram should stay in the slots.... I ask because i dont want them interfering with my GF4 ti4600...

Personally, i wouldnt do it. It can just make for more problems. Just buy an ATi can, then u dont have to worry about that :p hehe

Seriously though, its not to much of a problem to just remove the video card before installing ram.

It shouldnt hurt anything to pull them off, I had some accidently get removed(DONT ASK) but the good thing is that they can be put back on really easy, well in my case anyways. If I was you i would just remove the ones closest to the Vcard and leave the other ones on the other side, that way you have atleast one holding the memory in there!

Back