• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo SY-K7V DRAGON Plus (overclocking)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siDDis

Im getting a Soyo SY-K7V DRAGON Plus with Tbred 1700+ and pc2700 ram

now what I wonder is that if the motherboard support 166mhz with 'fair' pci/agp/ide speed?

The dragon plus FSB will go up to 166(205 actually) however it's native speed only has options for 100 and 133 as a base speed
(no 166). Also there is no PCI divider control with that board so overclock the FSB and everything else goes up with it.
If you are going to use a 1700 B chip you will have voltage receginition problems. The K&V were built for the palimino(1.75v) abd the B's have default 1.6v so the board has issues setting up to run B's.

I used my Dragon plus for a little over a year with an 1800 pally and decided to get an XP2100B for it and had no luck getting it to boot even with the BIOS update on the website. Finally gave up and got a KT400 Dragon ultra Plat instead.

Back