• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

on board thermal sensors, how accurate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xAlucarDx

Registered
I heard that most mother board sensos are ~ 7-10 degrees off most of time, i was wondering how accurate the censors are on the 8rda+ (you know, the CPU and SYSTEM temps in the USDM utility)

~Alucard

Well, according to USDM my temps are around 33C on my 2100+. I know that can't be accurate but I'm not exactly sure how far off it is. I think around 10C difference is about average.

I don't know about the 8rda+ or any other board, I only know you can calibrate Intel CPU's, and that my board is showing totally different temps after I got a new CPU, so obviously neither the on-board sensor or On-die sensors are accurate.

Unfortunatly you can't calibrate the sensor on AMD CPU's, the best you can do (If you're using an In-Socket sensor) is bend the sensor up a bit (so that it touches the CPU) and put some thermal goop on it.

Sorry I'm NOT an AMD guy:eh?:

Back