• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

system temp 48c !!! , WHAT!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wheelspinner

Registered
I'd been playin MoH:AA for about 5 hours when MBM5 (5.3.0.0) kicked in telling me my System temp had reached 48c !!!!

I looked at the high low log and everything looked normal except the high for system temp was 48c , the fans hadn't stopped or even slowed significantly, the voltages were ok. The high for the CPU was 49c, only 1c higher than system?

the current system temp was reading 36c, I can't believe a 12c drop in a matter of seconds, WTF?

I'm reluctant now to rely on MBM5's alarm.

has anyone else had bizzare MBM5 readings?

does anyone know the exact positions of the System and CPU sensors on a GA-7VAXP rev1.1?

I have now added a fan to the side panel of my case and now my system temps max @32c (CPU @44c)even after several hours of Medal of Honour

I'm wondering if it's just the sensor I'm cooling' and the whole thing's gonna melt

btw i've trimmed back slightly from my sig, currently @ 9x166 (FEAR:mad: )

Bit of dispute as to where the system sensor is located. Some say its at top left of mobo and some say its the N/Bridge, personally I think its the former.
The CPU is on die but as you have a T/Bird im not sure how that works, possibly there is also a socket diode (that would be local in MBM)
Hood

I have a 7VRXP, it says my case temp is 40C right now, but I KNOW it isn't.

On the other hand my proc is 33 C, and I know that's correct.

Yup I read somewhere else that the Tbirds didnt have an on die sensor they came in on the Palamino's, so that's Ok then

I'm still concerned about the system temp although since the last mod its peaking at 31-32c, CPU @ 43c,

If it really is at 32c i'm happy, Just not sure it is

EDIT: I'm gonna leave Prime95 running overnight to check everything out.

Last edited:
Easiest way. Feel the air coming out, if it's 40+ degrees it should feel noticibly warm. If it's not warm, chances are the sensor is just messed.

cwb27 said:
Easiest way. Feel the air coming out, if it's 40+ degrees it should feel noticibly warm. If it's not warm, chances are the sensor is just messed.

Yeah, I agree...I have mine in a sort of compartment, but well-ventilated...pretty much like shelves with a wood panel in the back about half the height of the desk placed in the center(gaps on top and bottom)...Anyway, when my CPU was running 45C+ on load, the air was noticeably warmer as the vented air came up to the keyboard/mouse shelf. This also depends on your ambient room temp, BTW.

Soy

Well I've now put the PC on the floor under the desk (raised by a small plinth) mainly cause it's so noisy now, however as the air is cooler I'm now getting a system temp of 28c peaking at 31c (cpu 37c idle 44c max)

Although I'll need to check inside for dust on a regular basis, I definately recommend the floor

I have the same problem . Right now on standard clock speed but multi increase to 13.5 I am running seti with cpu at 37 and system at 40!!! If I turn my leaf blower case fan on then the system temps drop by about 10.
I used to think that the System temp was the northbridge, but monitoring it with a thermo never gave a temp above 28.

I am confused why my system temp is high when cpu is reasonable. BTW the ambient case temp at the mo is 28c.

Any thoughts or advice greatfully received.
Ben.

PS I cant see anything on the mobo that looks like a temp sensor

Hmmm I was just browsing thru the manual and look what I found

On page 44 there is a picture of the 'PC Health' page from BIOS and it shows CPU 39c, SYSTEM 52c !!!!! , WOW

That would suggest high readings are normal!!!!!
I am beginning to think that it either drastically overreads or its nothing to worry about anyway.

Ben Cole said:
That would suggest high readings are normal!!!!!
I am beginning to think that it either drastically overreads or its nothing to worry about anyway.

Yup that's what methinks also. Case solved?

I have a 7vax and know that the system temps are wrong. Cpu 37c while system is 36c? Don't think so. With my previous MB's, temps were only 28-30c. The funny thing is, Diode temps are cooler then external sensor. 37c diode and 40c sensor with a xp1700 (b). It was the oposite with my 1600+. Diode temps are higher by 3c.

Here's some more info for you guys.

Well I recently bought a Digidoc 5 so I could be confident about all temps I refer to. NB runs around 30-40c depending on ambient and OC/load. MBM5 and BIOS reports system as 5c or more above that.

Gigabyte does not think the southbridge needs a cooler. So I thought I would have a look at it. 50c!!!!!!!!!!! (whilst CPU at 39c)

Paranoia sets in, will soon be buying a SB cooler...LOL

Back