• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 Max 2 ver 2, memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andee54

I will be using this MB in my next build. Have been a rambus user but switching to DDR. The IT7 Max 2 ver 2 uses DDR 333. Is this the highest? Will the board accept future increases in DDR?

andee54 said:
I will be using this MB in my next build. Have been a rambus user but switching to DDR. The IT7 Max 2 ver 2 uses DDR 333. Is this the highest? Will the board accept future increases in DDR?

Depending on which bios you use you will have options to run your memory much higher than just 333Mhz DDR.
I am using 167FSB and memory ratio of 3:4 giving me memory speed of about 444Mhz - 448Mhz. :)

so by upgrading the bios you can accept a higher memory or are you just overclocking the exsisting memory by the bios upgrade?

I am overclocking my memory on my IT7 at the moment.

150 FSB and a 3:4 ratio for DDR 400 memory speed. If you buy a 533 bus speed intel, you are practically guaranteed to hit 150FSB with a stock intel heatsink and most likely stock voltage since most of them are C1 stepping for a DDR 400 speed.

hope this helps,

-efini

efini said:
I am overclocking my memory on my IT7 at the moment.

150 FSB and a 3:4 ratio for DDR 400 memory speed. If you buy a 533 bus speed intel, you are practically guaranteed to hit 150FSB with a stock intel heatsink and most likely stock voltage since most of them are C1 stepping for a DDR 400 speed.

hope this helps,

-efini

Not always true: I had a 2.53 C1 that wouldn't go over 147fsb, and that was at 1.675 v-core. Not all C1's are great overclockers.

Back