• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo suggestion for mother

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

palee72

OK, my mother needs a new mobo. Right now, she is (was)running some no name mobo with 1 pci slot, and a 400mhz AMD k6/2. It was hit by lightning once (took out the modem), suffered through countless sudden power spikes/brown outs. Well, it finally died and she could use a new one.

Here is what it needs:

SDRAM support
onboard sound
" " video
" " Lan
a few PCI slots just in case she needs a modem (we have DSL)

She primarily uses it to surf the net, check e-mail, and she has a handfull of small, non-cpu intensive games.

It does not need to be a proformance machine and no, it won't be overclocked. Some 3D in the video would be nice, maybe even an AGP slot, just in case onboard video gives her problems..

I had seen a biostar at Newegg, but don't remember the model. I told myself I wouldn't buy another mobo without asking here first. Had I asked here first, I wouldn't have purchased my ECS that I have now..

Oh yeah, it will need a processor too. I'll probably just get an XP 1600+ for it cheap.

TIA

a7n266-vm nforce. has integrated video, audio, lan and i think three pci slots. oh... it doesnt support sdram. well ddr is so cheap anymore. might as well spend 30 bucks and get 256

Back