• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7 Rev.1.2: How to do additional VDimm- and VDD-Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi there,

I'm planning to get an Abit NF7 Rev.1.2 in the next weeks (no I won't wait for the Rev.2.0) and I noticed that I'll perhaps need more than 2,9V VDimm and more than 1,7V VDD to be able to achieve my goal of stable 233 MHz FSB synch.

So, the VDD-Mod shouldn't be too difficult as there's a description on the front page. Is it right that I could just solder in a resistor in paralell, instead of the pencil mod???

But, I really don't know anything about the VDimm Mod. I'd like to be able to adjust the VDimm to about 3,2V. So does anyone here have a clue about how to do the VDimm mod?

Thx in advance

Regards

Ingo:D

Thx guys! I hope that I'll be able to achieve my goals!;) :D

But unfortunately, I'll have to wait another 1 or 2 weeks until I'll order my board and RAM, because I bought 2 Powercolor Radeon 9500 Non-Pro Reatail yesterday. These cards still have the old PCB and I simply had to get them to try the 9700 Mod again, as I already had bad luck with 2 cards.

Thx again

Regards

Ingo

When I set BIOS to 2.9Vdimm it is really putting our 3.04 on my NF7-S 2.0 and my vcore is about .06 lower than what you set it to.

drewthomas14 said:
i heard the vdimm overvolts to a little over 3.0v

Back