• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What u reckon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeLoS

On the K7N2-L mobo with 2 sticks of TwinMOS PC3200 256, and a XP 2000+ what you reckon i could OC it to, i've not bothered trying yet as i'm waiting to save up for a nice new case and some better cooling before i start fiddling with the setup......any ideas what i'll proberly hit with this setup?

2000+ is 99.9% likely to be a Palomino core.

That said, unlocking it and balancing multiplier and FSB should net you results in the 1.8 (very very likely) to 2ghz (unlikely on air).

The 2000+ is pretty near the frequency ceiling of the palomino cores.

Sorry new to OC'ing myself, so i'm totally clueless as to what my setup is proberly capable of, but i'm doing some research ready for when i get myself a new case and fans then i'm gonna start doing some OC'ing to see what results i get.........gotta start somewhere right? :D

Correct! I learned a horrendously large amount simply by following threads in these forums, reading stickies, and asking the occasional question.

Anyway, even if you can't overclock your frequency too terribly high (expect maybe 10% - 15% overclock with that 2000+) you WILL be able to get a decent performance increase by unlocking, lowering the multiplier a bit, and running the FSB faster.

Back