• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultimate comp under $1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogetadbl

I'm on a budget and about to buy the best gaming comp possible under $1000, so I was wondering if you guys think this is the best comp possible under $1000 and any suggestions would be great! :) If there are any parts missing i'd love to know also :).

AMD 2100+XP Thoroughbred B $88
Western Digital 40 GB HD 8mb cache $75
Twinmos PC3700 256mb x2 $160
Radeon 9700 Pro $300
Epox 8RDA+ MotherBoard $102
Antec 3700 AMB case (w/ PSU) $68
1x 120mm case fan $15
SK-7 Heatsink with Thermaltake SMART CASE FAN II mounted $45
Thermal paste $10
3.5 disk drive $5
CD-RW drive $50
*ALL ITEMS WITH SHIPPING*

Thanks!

looks sweet, but i would make sure it's an antec powersupply that comes with the case, and i'd go with seagate for a harddrive due to them being the most reliable and quiet

THAT A CHEAP COMPUTER NOWADAYS!!! ::sigh :cry: :: personaly id go wiht a diffrent case. and get the 8RGA=. its only 30 bucks more and offers more options and such.

sandman001: Those HD's at bestbuy are only 2mb cache

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3: Thanks for the tip, the PSU is defiantely antec 350 and the WD HD is very quiet and fast since its a special edition

Footba_SWAT5420: I like the case since it has 12cm fans and a antec psu included, i hear its decent cooling. I could go look for another 120mm one.

OnDborder: Yes I have Win 98

Whoa that's an awesome case!! TOtally worth the $15 !!! Thanks for suggestion ;)

Back