• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OC database

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll add to this once I reach my limit. Hood, I'm still going to try to pass you on air! :D

Soy

mattspalace
Dont need to put in code if you dont have it, also if you find out later you will be able to edit soon.

nerdlogic
Cool.

Hood

My 1700+, JIUHB in my VAXP WAS running at 2240(14x160) on air. Dynatron Cu cooler with a 60mm Top-Motor fan. Was using Micron PC2100, but I recently installed some Hyper-X PC3K. I should hit 2300 Mhz once I bump the CPU to 166 FSB(can't seem to find conductive paint!!!), and solve my XP-Pro probs...

Hood said:
A LOT!!! But worth every penny(cent for you:D )
Hood

Damn...what's the conversion on that price?

Nevermind...I went through the links & found that directron was selling it for $519 (white), $559 (titanium)!!! (Sold out, no ETA)
That's one pricey case!

Soy

The way I looked at it was that you should be able to OC a processor easily by being able to keep it cool. So it would save me in the long run as I can keep ahead of the release of AMD CPU's by buying a cheaper one and OCing it faster than current ones that cost 5x the price. The case will last for years and even if the socket designs change a new evaporator head will only be about £30.
I have never seen a case as good quality as this one and it is extremely quiet when you turn the fan speed down (I have it on min all the time). I also like the look of the case, but some people think its horrible.
Hood

Bump.
Getting some nice results and a good idea of what to expect, so get your results in there, good or bad.
Hood

BUMP
I need to be able to get to this easily once I have my rig running well. So far my limit is up to 163FSB (Had to reinstall windows and other applications so I'm running at 133 for now.)
I think that Vapo case looks awesome! Especially since you stealthed your optical drives. Do you just use windows to eject them?

Soy

Thanks for the compliment on the Vapo:D I just press the lower right corner of the cover and it presses against the button to open the tray.
The way I did it was shape a flat piece of plastic to run along the face of the CD drawer and fit into the front of the cover. Then I glued it in place, I also put a smaller piece of plastic in the cover over where the button is. When I press the corner the slight flex inthe plastic allows it to press against the button and the drawer opens.
Hood

nerdlogic
Put a couple of pics here
They are a bit fuzzy but you should get the idea. The first one shows the plastic that presses against the button and the second shows how I mounted the drawer front to the case blanking plate.
Hood

Thanks, its a bit rough from the inside but you cant see it when the drawer front is fitted so Im not too bothered, I would be more carefull the next time though.
Hood

Dude, when is that site going to be back up? I can't seem to go past 172! Even at 172 it goes unstable after about 2-3 hours of toast. (I even did some priming at 170) Does GB run the RAM synchronus of you go past the rated FSB for the RAM? (Basically, is the mobo also running my RAM at 172? It says DDR333 in the Freq/Volt. Control in BIOS) If it does run synchronus, then I might have go with PC3200 to get higher.

Back