• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using a Epox 8RGA yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
I'm looking to add another Monster crusher for TEAM overclockers SETi team, I've only seen a couple of reviews so I'm lookin to see how others have done.How stable is this board? Are you able to get 200fsb out of the box and at what VDD 1.6 or higher

I recently switched from 8RDA+ to 8RGA+. My new board did 202fsb DC sync right out of the box at 1.6v VDD (it reads 1.63v in BIOS) with disabled internal video and stock cooling. Stability is the same or better as with 8RDA+, main difference I noticed was that 8RGA+ uses 12v rail for CPU VRM and it can utilize extra P4 power connector.

My 8RGA+ is up and running, went in without a hitch, seems more stable then my 8RDA+. USDM is far more accurate than before with my da+. I first booted up and went right to the bios, and went for 200 fsb/ 10 x, no problem there. I continued to play with it, got to 225 fsb/ 10 x, ran prime 95, anfd 3dmark, stable for 3 hours all at stock vdd settings (1.6). This is something my 8rda+ couldn't do, even with the volt mod. Temps are 36 idle/ 40 running full load, using silky800 with TT mod2 fan. To say the least I am qiute pleased with the board. Will post results after I burn in this board, I am just happy that the board is living up to the hipe it got. I still love my 8rda+, so much so I am keeping it, but I have to say this board blows it away.

Your welcome, I got it from newegg also, its a revision 1.0. I took a chance and did all my cooling modifications before the actual install. Used a vantec iceberg, as3 on nb , replaced stock sb heatsink with the extra copper vantec heatsink. The moffets were a bit trickyer, used copper ones covering two at a time, cause man they are so tiny. Good luck to you with your new board!

The 8RGA+ has been going great for me. No mods and I reached 200FSB without a problem. I probably could of went higher, but I hit my goal so I stopped.

results are in --The 8rga is a winner-- I'm shopping for a new video card to hookup on this system and will soon order a Barton to boot... The Tbred1700 DUT3C is NOT wanting to overclock very well.. At 1.85V with a SLK-800 and Vantec tornado is just won't go past 200X10.5 stable.\
I'm wondering whether the SHARED video memory might be holding me back from going pat 207 FSB or if its just the RAM not wanting to go past 207...HMM

Dam, wish i was that lucky with the 2 i got :( One locks up on the dreaded FF code upon boot and the 2nd was DOA.

You think maybe the 3rd one is the charm?

EEEkk, not good, I had a bad 8K9A that is still under warranty, thank god.. 2 in a row?, maybe a bad batch , was the box packed well or did it have footprints on it..., and who did you buy the boards from?

Back