• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap Bios Chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moz_21

Well, I managed to kill two motherboard bios', both Asus: an A7V333 and A7N8X Deluxe. Took the A7N8X to 230 FSB and it didn't like it (I get a "system failed memory test"). Anyhow, my main question is: Does anyone know of a place to get bios' for cheap? I don't really want to spend $25 on one from Asus. Maybe like ExcaliberPC and their $10 chips for Abit boards? Or maybe someone could get them to carry others, too? They'd probably make a killing. Thanks for any help.

my only sugestion would be to get a gigbyte next ime lol dual bios is a life saver. no really u could prob get a whole board form the newegg refurbseciton for that price.

This is actually the first time I have done anything like this. It was with the Uber bios. The factory bioses reset defaults when you use the reset jumper, but with the Uber it doesn't seem to work. I dont get anything on my screen and my keyboard doesn't go on either.......

Back